Terms and Conditions
Appliance Direct Morecambe Terms and Conditions
- All prices are shown in pound sterling (£ GBP) and include VAT but exclude any delivery or services.
- Prices are guaranteed however we reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price or product information shown on the website, at which time you will be notified of the issue and the transaction will be cancelled prior to the item(s) being dispatched.
In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can and complete a refund via the original tender type.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the goods we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
Should a price subsequently change after your order is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except American Express and Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card, and on web orders we offer secure payment via Sage Pay.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created, this applies to special order, none stock items.
- We will email an order confirmation to you on completion of the transaction. if you have provided us with a valid email address.
- You will receive invoice and receipt of goods via email confirmation.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you to offer you the opportunity to change your order if you wish.
- We deliver to South Cumbria and North Lancashire areas 6 days a week between the hours of 7am - 7pm using our own delivery teams. For smaller items we offer a mainland UK courier delivery option using Parcelforce.
- We deliver to all other North West postcodes Monday to Friday using our own delivery vehicles and teams. Weekend deliveries may be agreed by prior arrangement.
- Delivery is free for orders of any value, however, we charge for additional services and premium delivery requests which are made available to you at the checkout process.
- On arrival at your delivery address a signature will be required.
- We strongly recommend that you ask our delivery drivers to unpack the product(s) in your presence.
- Once happy with the products, you will be expected to sign as checked.
- If you chose not to unpack your products and intend to store your products in the packaging, you must inform us of any damage to items within 7 days of your acceptance of delivery. We will ask to see photographic evidence of the damage before an exchange or collection can be made.
- We will not be able to accept claims for cosmetic damage after 7 days in your possession.
- Delivery dates are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice (e.g. due to stock availability, manufacturing issues, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted by Appliance Direct Morecambe Ltd for costs incurred. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods.
- The evening before your scheduled delivery date, our systems will send out an automated e-mail to inform you of your AM/PM delivery time slot (7am-12pm for AM and 12pm-7pm for PM slots).
- Please be aware that we endeavour to deliver to all properties within the approx time frames of AM or PM. On occasion, we may not be able to reach your scheduled delivery to your property within the approx time during the day which you have requested. This can be due to traffic conditions and unavoidable delays at previous delivery addresses. If our delivery drivers are running over the scheduled time given for delivery, you will receive a phone call to advise you of an approx time of arrival that day. We recommend you do not cancel your delivery or re-arrange your delivery for an alternative day as re-delivery charges will apply. It is advisable to arrange for someone to take delivery at your address on your behalf.
- We reserve the right to deliver the order on the same day as arranged in the instance of a delay and cannot be held responsible for unforeseen circumstances which may cause our delivery drivers to be delayed.
- Cancellation of your order or your decision to be absent from the property will result in re-delivery charges.
- Whilst you are able to choose your own delivery day, we advise you are available or make provisions for an adult 18 years and over to be available between the hours of 7am-7pm on that chosen day to accept the goods upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- Acceptance of your order takes place when the goods are loaded onto one of our vehicles for delivery to you. If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 5pm the day before your scheduled delivery.
- By selecting the appropriate level of delivery for your property you agree that you will remove any obstacles before our delivery driver(s) arrive at your property.
- We will not deliver over walls, fences, trees, bushes, ponds, streams or any other obstacle that require our drivers to lift above waist height.
- We will not be permitted to dismantle access routes i.e, remove doors, door hinges and door handles to gain access into your property or a room of your choice. Our drivers will not be permitted to wait with you whilst a delivery is in process, to allow you to carry out such alterations. Any such alterations must be carried out before our arrival to your property. If you refuse a delivery on this basis, you will incur a re-delivery charge for an alternative delivery to be scheduled once you have made the appropriate alterations to allow clear access.
- Access pathways must be on even ground and not soil, gravel, aggregate surface.
- Building site delivery will be at site entrance.
- We will not lift appliances over any furniture, surface or kitchen worktop inside your property. For health and safety reasons, these appliances should not be lifted above waist height.
- In the event that you are in breach of any of our delivery guidelines, our driver(s) will need to provide photographic evidence of obstacles, hazards, stairs, steps. This will involve taking pictures with their mobile device before leaving your property.
- Under no circumstances can customers assist in the handling and lifting of the items being delivered into their property due to company policy.
Failed Delivery Charges:
A failed delivery charge of £24.99 shall be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to – but not limited to – any of the following reasons:
- You cancel the order after the point at which the goods have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle at your property.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your confirmed day of delivery or someone on your behalf can accept delivery to your address. If we are unable to deliver. Our driver will not wait at your property for any length of time if you are delayed for any reason in arriving back to your property.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify us about. By booking your own delivery date at the checkout you are agreeing that there are no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of prior.
1 Man Standard Delivery:
Appliances 60cm or less in width
- Our 1 Man delivery will not be able to deliver standard appliances (60cm and under in width) in to your property if you have more than 3 steps leading up to, on and inside your property on any one level. Please ensure the access outside and inside of your property is flat.
- Using our 1 Man delivery service we will only deliver to ground floor properties (unless a lift is available).
- Our delivery driver will happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the product(s) are being transported inside your property.
- Our driver will trolley the product safely as far into your ground floor as far as he is physically possible but will not be able to carry up or down stairs inside your property. If stairs are present, our driver will leave the product for you to move in to your property in your own time.
- Customers cannot under any circumstances assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods. In the event that you, or a third party, transport the goods from the delivery address to another location we cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to the product(s).
Appliances over 60cm in width
- We strongly recommend the 2 Man delivery service at checkout when ordering appliances (60cm in width or above) as our 1 Man service for these items only includes delivery to your doorstep.
- If delivery to your doorstep isn't possible due to steps or stairs on access, then the delivery will only be possible to a kerbside.
- Appliances such as American refrigeration and range cookers etc of 60cm width and above can be delivered by our 1 Man standard delivery if driveways and pathways are flat and completely unobstructed and free from steps leading up to your property. 1 Man Standard delivery for these items will be a doorstep drop as we are unable to deliver appliances 60cm and above into your property using just 1 delivery driver. We can deliver a product(s) into a sheltered garage if accessible on the same terms. You can then move the item into your property in your own time. Alternatively, if you have flat ground access into your property through a double french door or patio, the delivery may be possible.
- Re-deliver charges will apply if access isn't possible and delivery cannot be completed on the first attempt.
- Customers cannot under any circumstances assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- Please do not ask our driver to assist into your property with these products as he will not be permitted.
2 Man Delivery:
- If you have chosen this premium 2 Man delivery service, you will receive 2 delivery drivers present at your property to deliver your new appliance safely into a ground floor room of your choice. By booking this type of delivery you agree that your property will not have any more than 3 steps on approach, on the driveway, pathway and on entry into your property on any one level. You agree that we are not expected to carry your appliance(s) up or down a full straight or spiral conventional flight of stairs. (including all stairs leading to an upper level or lower level floor, outside or inside). Our delivery drivers will deliver appliances of 60cm in width i.e, range cookers and American style refrigeration, up or down a maximum run of 3 steps on any one level leading to the next level.
- We cannot deliver to lower or upper floors unless there is a lift present with permission of use.
- This service is available on all appliances, excluding vented tumble dryers. (Selected postcodes only.)
- We offer a fitting service on all freestanding and Integrated appliances .
- We can only install and connect to existing suitable services i.e, gas, electric, water.
- We do not extend pipework, gas lines or electrical cable.
- We do not install hobs if you have granite, slate, marble, stone or stainless steel work tops.
- Freestanding appliances must be disconnected before our arrival
- Our delivery driver/fitter reserves the right to refuse to install your new appliance if in any way his safety is compromised or the condition of your existing connections, pipework and electrics are not in a suitable and safe condition to connect.
- If a fitting service cannot be carried out due to circumstances at your property of which are out of our control, you will be refunded 50% of the fitting charge paid. We will not refund you in full for services pre-arranged and requested, as the time has been allocated to your delivery schedule for this chosen service.
- If you refuse the item you have ordered due to our driver/fitter not being able to fit your item. We will charge you a re-delivery/Failed delivery charge. This will be deducted from any refunds due.
Before our arrival to your property, you should ensure that:-
- Your appliance will fit into the existing space. Dimensions are available on our website prior to purchase.
- The old appliance is removed from the space/housing.
- There is easy access to the existing services required. (1.5 metres max from appliance.)
- Your stop valves are in working order. (This applies to laundry products.)
What we do not do:-
- Make any alterations to existing services i.e, plumbing/gas alteration work and electrical alteration work.
- Cut holes into side cabinets to feed through services required.
- We do not install hobs if you have granite, slate, marble, stone or stainless steel work tops.
- Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
- Plumb two waste pipes into one waste connection.
- Fix or connect to existing services of poor quality on our arrival.
- Connect the appliance if your electrical supply does not meet safety guidelines or if your existing services compromise our fitters safety.
- Fit your appliance if it is more than 1.5 metres away from all gas, electrical and water services required.
- We cannot remove appliances and furniture to enable access to the space you require your appliance to be situated.
- All obstructions must be removed before our arrival to your property.
NB: In the instance where you suspect a delivery driver may have caused unneccessary damage to your property, this must be reported before our employees vacate your premises. Any claim for damage to customer property not reported immediately will be rejected.
Collection of Old Appliance for Recycling:
- If you have arranged and requested our recycling service, please ensure you have emptied the contents of the appliance and positioned outside of your property for our driver(s) to collect.
- Integrated and built in appliances must be completely removed from all cabinets and any door furniture detached before our arrival.
- If you have arranged for our premium fitting service on an integrated appliance it can remain in its housing until our fitter arrives at your property and it will then be removed by our professional fitter and recycled when his fitting service is complete.
- All requests for re-cycling must be made and paid at the time of purchase. Our drivers and fitters are forbidden to accept payment in cash or assist in this service if you otherwise decide upon our arrival.
- If you do not have your appliance ready for collection on our arrival to your property, we will not be able to take away and re-cycle. You will not be refunded the collection costs due to time and space being allocated on the delivery vehicle for that day.
- We reserve the right to refuse collection of appliances not ready for collection according to terms and conditions.
Please note the costs we charge for the collection of recycling are to cover the transportation and storage of WEEE products whilst in our possession.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason.
Items Ordered Online
- You must notify us in writing of your wish to cancel your order within 14 days, starting the day after delivery.
- Please use the cancellation form attached to your final email and receipt following dispatch of product.
- You then have the choice of returning the goods via your own means and at your own cost, or requesting that we collect them.
- If you request we collect your unwanted product(s) we will refund the purchase price of the appliance less the cost to our delivery team to collect the item(s). This will be charged at £49.99 per item. If you chose to exchange the item, we will charge a re-delivery alternative of £24.99 to cover costs.
- Unwanted or wrongly ordered appliances over 60cm in width i.e, range cookers and American refrigeration will incur the direct cost of collecting from you of £99.99. Exchange of any appliance over 60cm in width will incur the same charges of £99.99 per item.
- If you request a collection from our delivery team, we will collect the goods on the next available date that one of our delivery vehicle(s) is next in your area at our convenience.
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred whilst you arrange the return to our premises.
- You will be refunded within 14 days of cancellation, by means of your original payment method, but only after we have had the opportunity to inspect the product(s). We will only refund your original credit card/debit card to the cardholder and not a third party or alternative card.
- Full refunds will be provided within 14 days of the cancellation date, for items which are returned to us in their original condition. This means:-
- The returned goods must be unused and 'as new' with their original box and packaging including all manuals (please do not write on or otherwise mark manuals) and/or supplied accessories.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances as outlined below:-
- The goods received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e, missing components and/or accessories.
- Refunds will be issued within 14 working days of the cancellation date. After we receive the product(s) and have had the opportunity to fully inspect them in order to ensure that the condition of the product(s) is in line with terms, you will receive your refund within the time frame of 14 days of your cancellation.
- If you receive your refund before we have the chance to inspect you may be liable to pay us an appropriate fee if we find the product(s) returned to be unsatisfactory in condition.
We do not accept unwanted returns and will not provide refunds under the following circumstances:-
- The goods you wish to return are in any condition other than 'as new'.
- The goods have been installed and/or used.
- Installation of a damaged item is deemed as acceptance of product and refunds cannot then be given.
Items Purchased In Store
- We do not offer refunds for wrongly ordered or unwanted goods purchased in store. At our discretion we will offer a credit note (without expiry date) or an exchange.
- Cancellation of any order undelivered or at point of delivery will incur an administration fee of £24.99 for Large appliances over £100.00 and £9.99 for all other appliances with a value under £100.00.
- Requests to collect items which have been wrongly ordered will incur a standard fee of £49.99. This charge will be deducted from your credit note.
- We do not refund delivery charges if delivery has been completed or our vehicle has already dispatched the item(s).
- Exchanging an item of which is wrongly ordered due to an oversight or an error on your part may be subject to a local re-delivery charge of the same paid at the time of order.
- We will exchange and deliver the item(s) at a time convenient to our delivery schedule.
Faulty or Damaged Items
- You have the right to receive a full refund within 30 days of purchase, for a product that is deemed as faulty. We have the right to ascertain the fault with the product and may need to have the claim verified by an engineer from the manufacturer before we can agree to the fault.
- If you chose not to unpack your products and intend to store your products in the packaging, you must inform us of any damage to items within 7 days after acceptance of delivery. We will ask to see photographic evidence of the damage.
- Please do not plug-in or use a damaged product as this is deemed as acceptance.
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e, manufacturer's documentation). However, we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors.
- We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
- We will use the information you provide to us as follows:
- To supply the products to you;
- To process your payment for the products; and if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK from time to time when processing any personal data which you provide.
Manufacturer's Guarantees and Extended Warranties:
All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions:
- The appliance is for domestic use only. Items sold by Appliance Direct Morecambe are designed for use solely for domestic purposes and for use on domestic premises. They are not designed for trade use or use on commercial premises.
- The item must be used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Your guarantee does not cover misuse, accident, or the item being modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any offer of extended warranty by a manufacturer must be claimed by consumer within the timeframes stated by the manufacturer. Information will be available through manufacturer websites or registration forms provided by the manufacturer included in your instuctions packs supplied with the product. Failure to register additional offers may result in the loss of promotional extened cover. Registration areto be made by customer redemption only and Appliance Direct cannot accept responsibility for your failure to comply with manufacturer stipulation on the timeframes applicable.
Promotions and Added Benefits:
- Any offer of additional benefit offered as added value by a manufacturer must be claimed by consumer within the timeframes stated by the manufacturer. Information on how to claim additional benefit for individual products is supplied on our website with links to manufacturer websites or registration forms provided by the manufacturer included in your instuctions packs supplied with the product. Failure by consumer to register additional offers may result in the loss of promotional extra added benefits and rewards being rejected by the manufacturer. Registration must made by customer redemption only and Appliance Direct cannot accept responsibility for your failure to comply with manufacturer stipulation on the timeframes applicable for claim forms and registrations due to late redemption.
Model Cancellation Form:
Date of Issue: _______________
If you wish to cancel your order please fill in the form below and send via post or copy to us via email.
Appliance Direct Morecambe Ltd
135 Heysham Road
01524 400 703
I/We [customer name] hereby give notice that I/We [customer name] cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods [insert model number(s) here)
Ordered on [Date Here] / received on [Date Received Here].
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s)
Your Statutory Rights:
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms or the contract between us shall be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
Summary of Charges:
Failed delivery/re-delivery: £24.99 per item.
Cancellation of delivery if vehicles have already departed for delivery £24.99
Request to collect unwanted or wrongly ordered items for refund: £49.99 per standard size item. Items 60cm in width and above £99.99.
Failed installation/connection: 50% of connection charge per appliance.
Failed collection of pre-arranged appliance for recycling: No refunds.
If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below:
Customer Services Department
Appliance Direct Morecambe
135 Heysham Road
Company reg: 04546333
VAT reg: 783832300